Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Twist and Shout @ Magic Springs - Hot Springs, AR



On the last day of our Hot Springs family vacation we spent the day at Magic Springs Amusement park. It was terribly hot, but over all we all had a great time. Benjamin wasn't tall enough to ride a lot of the rides. One ride in particular he threw a fit about not being tall enough to ride was Twist and Shout. You rode in these cute little cars and he wanted to ride it so bad. John stayed with the kids while I went in line to ride. All the riders getting off the ride always looked liked they were just getting off this thrilling coaster. I thought it was so funny because it looked like this cute little kiddie coaster. I was having a hard time figuring out why you had to be 48" to ride. Well, let me tell ya. I'm sooo glad it was 48" because I'm scared what might have happened to Benjamin had he gotten on. There were times I thought I was going to fall out the car and those turns slammed me into the bar that was between the 2 riders. I couldn't wait to get off that damned ride, or should I say torture chamber. It was not fun, it was not thrilling, it was painful. I immediately bruised up. Check out the picture. The picture of me was taken 2 days after, but like I said, I immediately started bruising. If you ever go to Magic Springs, do yourself a favor and skip Twist and Shout. This ride should be banned. I googled it to get a picture of the coaster and found links were someone was actually killed on this ride when it was at another park and in 2006 a 45 yr old women fell out of the car and was hospitalized. I have no idea why this ride is still in operation. Riders Beware.

4 comments:

lindsay_2181 said...

oh wow, those are some nasty bruises!!! i cannot believe that, it's crazy!!!

vanna30 said...

yes I did samething you have to ride withtwo people two not get banged up

vanna30 said...

I also bruises

vanna30 said...

yes I did samething you have to ride withtwo people two not get banged up