Tuesday, December 29, 2009

RIP James (The Rev) Sullivan

The drummer of Avenged Sevenfold, Jimmy (The Rev) Sullivan died today. He was only 28 and I think one of the best drummers. Normally when I listen to music I might beat the steering wheel with my thumb along with the bass guitar. Sometimes my fingers might dance along with the guitar melodies. Reliving my teen (and not so teen) dream of playing guitar and/or bass guitar. I can't recall ever wanting to play drums, unless I was listening to A7X. The Rev demanded my attention. There's just something about this band. They compliment each other so well, but I must admit, I'm usually drawn to the drums when I'm listening the them. I had the pleasure of seeing them at BuzzFest at The Woodlands, TX back in Oct 2006 (see photo). They were beyond amazing and by far my favorite band of the entire day/night. Rest In Peace, Jimmy. I know it's not your time, but bye bye baby, bye bye. For those of you who may not know Avenged Sevenfold, I'll add a couple of their songs in my playlist. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: