Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009

I'm sitting here thinking about what I'm going to eat for supper. I know, it's sad. It's Friday afternoon and John usually picks up sushi on his way home from work on Friday's. I'm thinking with the holidays and the broken work week, he'll probably forget it's Friday and come home empty handed. That would be okay with me, because I'm actually thinking about Amore's Pizzarama. There's usually not many people there, so if/when the kids act up, it's usually not that big a deal. Oh yeah, Amore's also offers frozen drinks. Mmmm, I think I could use one of those right now. I'm off work today because Benjamin's day care was closed for New Years. He and Samantha are quietly watching "Get Smart" (one of John's Christmas gifts) right now. At least for the time being. I'm sure it won't be long. Ahhh, here they go now. Samantha's yelling at Benjamin to take off her boots. Yes, he's wearing girls boots, but they're black and have buckles on them. In his little mind they are cool pirate boots.

So, what's everyones plans for the New Year? I typically don't make any New Year resolutions, but I think I need to change several things in my life. I turn 40 this year, in just a few days, in fact. I'm really looking forward to my 40s. I didn't particularly enjoy my 30s, or the person I was in my 30s. I figure it's time for me to grow up and be the Best Me I can be.

P.S. Sorry no photo. My home computer is still down. We got a new PC for Christmas, but it's still in the box. Maybe this weekend John will be able to get it up and going. Wish me luck.

No comments: