Monday, July 4, 2011

What are YOU good at?


I can't help but think of Fiona Apple's song "Criminal" because I've been a bad, bad girl and I'm looking for a good defense. I can't believe it's been almost 5 months since I've blogged. Bad blogger, bad. I have been so lazy lately. I haven't been blogging, or doing anything creative lately, and I really do miss it. I have to get out of this creative funk I'm in. I need to stop thinking so much and just do it. Recently I picked up my treadmill habit and as I was walking and listening to Abra Moore I was thinking... "Man, I wish I could sing, I wish I could play guitar" and the wishing continued. I wished I was good at a sport, any sport. I wished I could draw and paint. I wished I could cook and bake. And I continued to wish I could do various things. Then I realized what I was really thinking was I wished I was good at something. I wished I was good at anything. It really got me thinking and the only thing I could think of that I was really good at was my job. It was kinda depressing. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy I'm good at my job and that I have an amazing work ethic (thanks Dad!) but is it so wrong to wish I was good at something fun? Something creative. Aren't most people good at their hobbies? I've got so many hobbies and I don't think I'm good at any of them. I enjoy them, but they don't come easy. I'd like to think that's why I enjoy them, because I really have to work at them, but I'm not sure that's the case. I'll have to give this topic a bit more consideration. In the mean time, I'll be looking for something that comes easy to me, and something that I enjoy that I'm really good at. Maybe I just haven't found what I'm good at yet?

No comments: