Friday, October 12, 2007

Who Knew? Me and Coffee?


You know the saying, "you think you know someone"? Well, sometimes I think we don't really know ourselves all that well either. I always thought one of my biggest quirks was that I LOVE the smell of fresh coffee brewing, but I can't stand the taste of it. I've made numerous cups of coffee only to be poured down the sink. I occassionally drink a cup of coffee in the winter just to warm up my insides, or occassionally with a piece of pie for dessert. Coffee and pie just seem to go together, I'm not sure why. Well, I'm finding out that maybe I really do like coffee. After dropping Samantha off at school this morning, I had the desire to swing by Sonic to pick up a frozen coffee drink. I wanted something cold and it just seemed like the thing to do. (No Starbucks, CCs, Caribo Coffee's, etc here). I ordered a Hazelnut Java Cooler. Mmmmmm. Talk about good. I've been finding myself getting hot Carmel Apple Cappuccinos at the corner store, Starbuck frappucinos at the grocery store, and now Hazelnut Java Coolers at Sonic. Am I developing a taste for coffee?! I've even been thinking about pulling our coffee maker out from under the cabinet (a wedding gift from 15 years ago that we kept because you never know when we might have company that wants a cup of coffee (huh?!?)). Very strange. Very strange, indeed.


Anyway, it's been a while since I've posted an entry. I was in Minnesota last week and I guess my trip got me out of the habit. Gotta jump back in it. Hopefully I'll get in my scrap room this weekend and do some scrapping. TGIF everyone.

No comments: